Pet Vet Animal Clinic & Mobile Practice, Ltd. is proud to serve the Huntley IL area for everything pet related.
Our team is committed to educating our clients in how to keep your pets healthy year round, with good nutrition and exercise. Pet Vet Animal Clinic & Mobile Practice, Ltd. stays on top of the latest advances in veterinarian technology and above all, remembers that all animals and pets need to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery.
In January of 1999 Dr. Debra Junkins started her practice in Huntley. She was aware of the “boom” going on in the Huntley area, including the development of Sun City, and thought it would be a good area to start a business. She called her new practice Pet Vet Animal Clinic and Mobile Practice, Ltd. because she believed it was important to provide at home veterinary services as well as to provide a typical clinic setting. For the first 6 months Pet Vet was a mobile practice only; in June of 1999 leased office space was ready and the Clinic became a reality. The office was located in a small strip mall and had a total staff of 3: Dr. Deb, Michelle, her assistant, and Diana, her receptionist/office manager.
Due to the overwhelming response from her clients, the business outgrew that facility. Also, Dr. Deb wanted to provide additional services to her clients and their pets. A new clinic was designed and built in Huntley. In April of 2004, Dr. Deb moved the practice to its current location, in a free standing 6200 square foot building.
Learn more about our company by reading our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- We will provide the highest quality medical and surgical care possible to our patients.
- We will consider referral to specialists as part of our provision of this care.
- We will provide this care in a modern, safe, and comfortable working environment.
- We will go out of our way to make this care convenient.
- We will find a way to say yes.
- We will celebrate the Human-Animal bond during its entire length; with excitement and awe in the beginning, enthusiasm in the middle respect and dignity in old age, and deepest sympathy in passing.
- We will show compassion for our patients and understanding of our clients.
- We will listen to our patients, to our clients, to each other and to ourselves.
- We will openly discuss with our clients their animals’ health care options.
- We will give back to the animal and human community that has made this opportunity possible.
- We will seek to better ourselves, both doctors and staff members through continuing education.
- We will enjoy what we do and balance our work and social lives.